SLV Farm to School Harvest of the Month Very Part Time Job Opening
Title: SLV Farm to School Harvest of the Month Coordinator
Reports to: SLVLFC Executive Director Liza Marron, Integrated Nutrition Education Program SLV Director Melissa Fritschka
Organization: San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition and the Integrated Nutrition Education Program under the USDA Farm to School Support Services Grant
Location: Based out of Alamosa, Colorado covering SLV and Chaffee County
Start Date: ASAP until December 31st, 2018
Become a critical part of the San Luis Valley Farm to School Task Force as we launch Farm to School and implement Harvest of the Month activities in schools throughout the San Luis Valley. This position will focus on coordinating Harvest of the Month events and assisting the Integrated Nutrition Education Program with classroom-based lesson preparation and monthly materials handling. The position will be housed in the INEP office in Alamosa and will work on average 20 hours a month; where actual hours will vary greatly depending on school Harvest of the Month scheduling.
To be Successful the Applicant will Have:
- Basic Knowledge of and enthusiasm for Farm to Table.
- The ability to connect with children of all ages and convey excitement in relating the messages of Farm to School.
- Professional Demeanor for working with School Administrators, Food Service Directors and Producers.
- Personal initiative and comfort in working independently and ensuring work is done in a timely manner based on deadlines.
- Passion for the mission, goals and values of the Local Foods Coalition and Integrated Nutrition Education Program.
- Prior knowledge of food and nutrition, healthy lifestyles, and sustainable agriculture.
- Event Planning experience and all the elements that go into it.
- Organizational skills.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Education in and/or passion for nutrition, healthy lifestyle education, local food, and working with children and families.
- Comfortable speaking to large groups of adults or children.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Car and driver's license.
- Flexible, accommodating schedule.
Please provide a personalized cover letter that explains your qualifications and interest in the position, a resume, and contact information for two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank You!